The IS 3180 DCS mounts on a wall and is designed to control a variety of building spaces. The sensor is part of the STEINEL family of high performance commercial occupancy sensors. IS 3180 DCS sensors are passive infrared and respond to heat radiated from human body motion. After a period of time where no occupancy has been detected, the sensor switches lighting OFF. The IS 3180 DCS is ideal for wall mount applications where 180° coverage is needed indoors and outdoors, such as aisles, corridors, car garages, underground parking, outer perimeters and facades.
The Digital Control Solution (DCS) group of sensors are available in multiple technologies for the control of heating, ventilation and air conditioning as well as lighting. Time saving wireless commissioning is accomplished via Bluetooth connection from a Smart Phone or Tablet to a DCS Controller, which communicates to the sensor by the 2 wire bus.
- Low voltage (12 - 23 VDC) digital sensor for use with a DCS Controller
- Wireless configuration via Steinel App
- Polarity Insensitive 2 wire bus
- 180° coverage with up to 42 ft radial reach and up to 65 ft tangential reach
- Shrouds allow users to easily customize the coverage area; the moving lens (mechanical adjustment) fine tunes coverage even further
- 2 pyroelectric detectors with 448 switching zones provides sensitive motion detection
- Automatically adjusts to temperature changes keeping sensitivity and coverage consistent