Terms of Guarantee on STEINEL Professional Sensor Products
Made for the future with a 5-year warranty.
We are delighted you have chosen this STEINEL Professional sensor product - a high-quality product that is made to last and provide performance you can rely on. Our products are manufactured with utmost care at our own factories and thoroughly inspected for safety and proper working order.
The following guarantee terms relate only to our sensor products (presence and motion detectors, SensorLights and floodlights as well as their accessories) from the STEINEL Professional range.
Declaration of Guarantee
All rights are based on our guarantee period. We guarantee that your STEINEL Professional sensor product will remain in perfect condition and proper working order for a period of 5 years. We guarantee that this product is free from material, manufacturing and design flaws. In addition, we guarantee that all electronic components and cables function in the proper manner and that all materials used and their surfaces are without defects.
Guarantee period, performance, scope of application
STEINEL Professional sensor products are guaranteed for 5 years (60 months), commencing on the date of purchase. If a guarantee claim is shown to be given within the guarantee period, we shall re-pair your product free of charge, replace it (if necessary by a follow-on model) or give you a credit note in the appropriate amount. In the event of a claim being settled under the terms of guarantee, the orig-inal guarantee period will neither be extended nor shall a new guarantee period commence. Further claims, e.g. for consequential damage to other objects, shall be excluded unless they follow from the law. We shall not assume any liability for damage or losses that may occur during transit. The world-wide guarantee shall be governed by German law excluding the United Nations Convention concern-ing the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
If you wish to make a claim, please send your product complete and carriage paid with the original receipt of purchase, which must show the date of purchase and product designation, to your retailer or contact us at STEINEL (UK) Limited, 25 Manasty Road, Axis Park, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6UP, for a returns number.
All replaceable lamps are explicitly excluded from this functional guarantee. Above and beyond this, for example, the guarantee does not cover
- product parts that undergo wear from use or other natural wear or defects to the STEINEL Professional sensor product that are attributable to wear from use or other natural wear
- the product not being used in the intended manner or any failure to observe the operating instructions
- unauthorised additions and alterations or other modifications being made to the product or defects that are attributable to accessory, add-on or replacement parts being used that are not genuine STEINEL parts
- product maintenance and care not being carried out in accordance with the operating instructions
- mounting and installation not being performed in accordance with STEINEL's installation instructions, with such resulting in failure to observe limits to supply voltage and ambient influences
- lamps from STEINEL or lamps prescribed by STEINEL not being used in accordance with standards and regulations
- chemical and physical impacts on the material surface that are attributable to improper use (for exam-ple, use of incorrect cleaning products or sharp objects)
- any damage caused as a result of improper packaging/shipment when the product is returned
If you have a guarantee claim or would like to ask any question regarding your product, you are wel-come to call us at any time on our service hotline 01733 366700.